Big & Fast Data: The Rise of Insight-Driven Business
Insights at the Point of Action will Redefine Competitiveness
March, 2015. A joint Capgemini and EMC report.
The report identifies four ways in which data-driven insights are changing businesses:
- Using insights to drive efficiency and cost focus
- Using insights to drive growth of existing business streams
- Using insights to drive growth through market disruption from new revenue streams
- Monetization of data itself, with the creation of new lines of business.
Other key findings are:
- The level of disruption from new data sets is widespread. 64% of executives said that they believe big data is changing traditional boundaries, and 24% were already experiencing ingress of competitors from adjacent sectors
- Organizations are taking steps to address this issue not only from the technology point-of-view but also through organizational change, with a third having already appointed a C-level executive
- This is a real opportunity to harness data. People are seeing this and
The full content on this page is for registered members only. If you are an existing user, please log in. New user? You can instantly register below for free.